Oct 10, 2016
Starling Tribune - Season 5 Edition – Legacy (A CW Network Arrow
Television Show Fan Podcast)
The Official Arrow
Podcast of the Gonna Geek Network
“Legacy” [Season 5 Episode 1]
Wednesday, October 5th, 2016
The stunt coordinator turned director | 5x Arrow - last season’s
“Brotherhood” and “Code of Silence,” next week’s “The Recruits” and
is slated to direct episode 5.8
Greg Berlanti - story by and developed by credit
Executive producer of Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, and
Supergirl (aka “The Berlantiverse)
Marc Guggenheim - story by and teleplay by credit
Executive producer of Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow | 16x teleplay
Arrow | 12x writer Arrow | 6x Legends of Tomorrow
Andrew Kreisberg - developed by credit
Arrow - 10x teleplay, 2x written | Flash - 5x teleplay, 3x
written | 2x Legends of Tomorrow
Wendi Mericle - teleplay by credit
Executive producer - Arrow | 19x Arrow (writer)
Episode 15: Rating of 1.89. This was down a bit
from 2.19 for the season 4 finale and 2.67 for the season 4
3 October 2016
Premiere Oct 10th
4 October 2016
Flash (Ep. 3.01)
After preventing Eobard Thawne from killing Nora Allen, Barry
returns with Eobard to the present and imprisons him in a cage that
dampens his speed.
5 October 2016
Arrow (Ep. 5.01)
Oliver is distracted from his new duties as mayor by continuing as
Green Arrow alone, while his old team members have gone their
6 October 2016
Legends Of Tomorrow
Premiere Oct 13th
7 October 2016
No DC on CW!!
Links for Other Shows
Episode # / Episode Title / Episode Air / Date /
01 Legacy 5-Oct-16 1.89
02 The Recruits 5-Oct-16
03 A Matter Of Trust 5-Oct-16
04 Penance 5-Oct-16
05 Human Target TBA
06 So It Begins TBA
07 Vigilante TBA
Part 1: The Plot, Themes and Characters
- What was the overall theme for this episode /
What was the link to the ep. name
- It's a One Man Show i.e. very Ollie-centric
- Legacy tie to Green Arrow’s legacy on the city and the legacy
of the team continuing on (eventually)
- Flashbacks to eventually show Ollie become Bratva and man on
island in pilot
- Laurel, Laurel, Laurel
- Fight scenes & Stunts: Share your thoughts
- Anarky has nothing on Ollie this time around
- Strange as he held his own with Thea last season
- Arrow through the wrists
- Fight Club!
- Ollie is brutal, the neck breaking move gets repeated
- Ollie fights with a chair
- Neck break repeated to keep his secret.
- No one goes to check on the mayor after this fight?
- Cops rumble with Church’s goons
- Helicopter fight
- Did anyone else feel this cramped quarters fight felt very
- Dark Archer Prometheus just owns the good guy cop
- Flashbacks: Share your thoughts
- Fight Club Ollie is a badass
- He’s got sleeves! And the voice modulator is gone to be
replaced with the Bale growl
- Killing again and with no regret it seems
- Malcolm was right all along, that Green Arrow must do what’s
necessary or not be out there at all
- had Oliver killed Damien Darhk when he had the chance, Laurel
would still be alive
- Only Thea calls him on this which is strange
- Mayor Handsome
- Cool new gadgets!
- Return to the Army doesn’t seem to be all he expected.
- Thinks it's a good idea to rebuild the team
- Wants to be normal and really resists wearing the Speedy gear
until she has no choice.
- Everything seems good for her now
- What is her job exactly?
- She keeps Ollie and Thea’s loft?
- Ready to become a full fledged member of Team Arrow
- Her final words
- “Please don’t let me be the last Canary. That way, a part of me
will always be out there with you.”
- Her ghost hangs over everyone - take a drink anytime someone
says her name this week - at least 12 mentions
- Back off the wagon, A drunk needs a reason to stay sober,”
Lance notes, “and I’m fresh out, my friend.”
- Momma Smoak is in Heaven
- Finds his purpose in helping Ollie?
- What’s the Flashpoint connection?
CURRENT EPISODE DC EASTER EGGS & POP CULTURE REFERENCES
- Captain Pike - Is that a Star Trek reference? We
really can't decide. Either way, per his nametag, that police
captain talking to Thea in the opening scene appears to be "Captain
Pike," the captain of the USS Enterprise immediately prior to James
- Lonnie Machin - A recurring villain from season four of
Arrow, Lonnie Machin (the first baddie Oliver fights in
season five) is better known to DC Comics fans as the antihero
- Wild Dog - the first new member of Team Arrow version 2.0
was introduced to the audience, in the form of Wild Dog, a hockey
mask-wearing, gun-toting vigilante who was inspired by -- and then
shot in the kneecap by -- Green Arrow. The character first appeared
in Wild Dog #1 in 1987, making him one of the first new
superheroes created following Crisis on Infinite Earths.
Created by Road to Perdition writer Max Allan Collins,
"his super power is guns."
- Konstantin Kovar - Konstantin Kovar is the father of Leonid
Kovar, better known as Red Star. In the comics, Konstantin
originally wasn't a villain, but a relatively benign figure: an
archaeologist who unearthed a nasty bit of business that gave his
son powers. But Red Star himself, a loyal communist in the Soviet
era, was occasionally a problem for the other heroes before he
turned his life around. Eventually, he would become a bad guy
in service of the Soviet Union -- something that might make him an
interesting figure going forward in case Anatoly Knyazev's comic
book destiny of becoming the cybernetically-enhanced "KGBeast" is
to become part of Arrow's story.
- Tobias Church - Church's nickname is apparently Charon, the
ferryman of Hades from Greek mythology. There is a Charon
in DC Comics, although he shares basically nothing in common with
this version. This is something that will be repeated again in the
episode: choosing a historical/mythological meaning instead of a
- Vigilante - "Mr. Ski Goggles," as Felicity calls him, is
actually Vigilante, a DC Comics antihero created by Marv Wolfman
and George Perez. Perez provided the police sketch seen on
Felicity's computer screen. Created during Marv Wolfman's
time on the New Teen Titans, Vigilante in the comics is a
former New York district attorney who's set on the path of justice
after hsi family is killed by the mob. The CW describes him
similarly: Chase is "Star City’s new district attorney and an ally
of Mayor Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell), who aims to clean up the
streets through the legal system."
- Hub City and Bludhaven - According to Detective Malone, before
he made his way to Star City, apparently he haunted Hub City -- the
home of The Question -- and Bludhaven, the home of Nightwing.
- Ross Paints - Is that a little bit of free advertising for
comic book artist and painter Alex Ross on the side of the truck
Tobias Church and his goons are driving to their crime spree?
- Bertinelli - Whoever the head of the Bertinelli crime family is
now that Helena has killed her father, he makes an appearance here
-- only to be immediately killed by Tobias Church's men.
- Arrow Showrunner breaks down all those new S5 characters
(Date: 05 Oct 2016)
Executive producer and showrunner Wendy Mericle gave an in-depth
look into some of season 5’s new characters in an interview with
CBR.com. Included in the interview are discussions about Ragman,
Artemis, Wild Dog, and Mr. Terrific. Mericle drops hints about
Vigilante and Prometheus. When asked about Katie Cassidy, Mericle
says, “Nobody ever really dies on ‘Arrow.’ She’s going to be kind
of across the shows, and we’ll see her in the premiere, and we’ll
see her later in the season as well.”
- Did Arrow just hint at a Flashpoint connection? (Date: 05
Producers have stated that Diggle will be impacted by Flashpoint.
On the season premiere, Diggle said he has “the worst case of deja
vu ever.” The article speculates that perhaps Diggle’s wife and
child could be erased.
- Arrow’ Producer: How Oliver will juggle being mayor and Green
Arrow in season 5 (Date: 05 Oct 2016)
In an interview with Variety, Wendy Mericle discussed how poorly
Ollie is as a mayor and Ollie’s time with the Bratva, but she
reveals a hint about Diggle - “And yeah, Flashpoint will have an
impact on him, especially in respect to his family life.”
- Arrow Season 5: Who is Wild Dog? (Date: 05 Oct 2016)
com goes into the history of Wild Dog. Covering his first
appearance in “Wild Dog #1” in 1987 to his Booster Gold run. Wild
Dog was created by Max Allan Collins, who stated that Wild Dog’s
“super power is guns.” Wild Dog is star athlete Jack Wheeler, who
had to become a mechanic after an injury. He became Wild Dog after
the woman he loved was gun down.
- Arrow Season 5 Premiere Ratings Released (Date: 6 Oct
Last October, The CW's Arrow opened its fourth
season with 2.67 million viewers; however, on Wednesday, only 1.9
million viewers tuned-in for the show's fifth season premiere,
which is a drop of 29%, and it pulled in a paltry 0.7 rating in the
key 18-49 demographic, which is a decline of 36 percent from a year
- Arrow: Stephen Amell talks legacy, Russia, and why Prometheus
is the right villain for season 5 (Date: 05 Oct 2016)
In an interview with IGN, Stephen Amell discusses season 5. When
asked about Prometheus, Stephen said, “ Prometheus is a
villain that is a byproduct of Oliver Queen being Green Arrow.
That's something that you get to do once you're five years into a
show. In a lot of ways, I think the most success that we've had
with a villain, in my mind, was with Manu Bennett as Deathstroke.
One of the reasons is because we got to tell a really personal
story. We got to tell the story, sort of the dueling time of their
time on the island and then their time in the Starling City at the
time. Because Prometheus is a villain of Oliver's creation, so to
speak, I feel like it will bring in that personal element as
- Spartan’s new helmet and a Diggle/Oliver-centric episode of
Arrow is coming (Date: 02 Oct 2016)
Bleeding Cool - Picture of Diggle in his new helmet. According to
the article, the fourth episode will focus on Diggle and
ARROW CAST & CREW INTERVIEWS
- Arrow’s Kellum on his gradual evolution into Mister Terrific
(Date: 05 Oct 2016)
In an interview with CBR. com, Echo Kellum discusses Curtis’s
evolution into Mr. Terrific. He talks about Curtis’s background is
different than the others - he isn’t jaded and doesn’t have a
tragic past. He mentions that the show will explore Curtis’s
marriage and hints about how he, Cisco, and Felicity will interact
during the crossover.
- Chad L. Coleman talks playing a villain in “Arrow” (Date:
04 Oct 2016)
Chad L. Coleman stopped by the KTLA Morning News to talk about his
role in “Arrow.” “No more Mr. Nice Tyrese.” “Finally hired an ugly
DC TV NEWS
- Meet your new Superman! Tyler Hoechlin talks taking flight and
wearing tights on ‘Supergirl’ (Date: 03 Oct 2016)
In an interview with EW, Tyler discusses how he got the role, his
influences, and working with the cast.
- The Flash boss previews seismic changes as a result of
Flashpoint (Date: 03 Oct 2016)
In an article with EW, Andrew Kreisberg discusses Flashpoint. The
season will be more about the consequences of Flashpoint than the
event itself. Andrew states, “That’s one of the things that we’re
attempting to do is have the pitfalls of time travel be
long-lasting and that some things can be fixed, and then some
things are broken forever.”
- Flash Honest Trailer (Date: 04 Oct 2016)
Honest trailer by Screen Junkies is hilarious
ARROW CAST & CREW NEWS
Promo for Next Week:
Episode: “The Recruits” [Season 5 Episode
Air Date: Wednesday,
October 12, 2016
Summary: Oliver recruits Curtis,
Wild Dog and Evelyn Sharp for his team, but his training methods
prove to be too much for some to handle. In flashbacks, Oliver
continues his initiation into the Bratva.
Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim, Andrew Kreisberg, Speed Weed, Beth
Join The Starling Tribune each week as we stream live on
Thursday nights at 9:00 PM eastern or 8:00 PM Central
at www.geeks.live. Join
the fun chatroom and interact with the hosts live. Contact
us: @StarlingTribune - email@example.com - www.starlingtribune.com - www.facebook.com/starlingtribune -
612-888-CAVE or 612-888-2283.
Starling Tribune is proud to be a member of the GonnaGeek
network found at GonnaGeek.com. For more geeky
podcast visit GonnaGeek.com.
You can find us on iTunes under ''Starling Tribune." We are very
thankful for all of our positive iTunes reviews. You can find all
our contact information here on the
Network page of GonnaGeek.com Our complete
archive is always available at www.starlingtribune.com
This podcast was recorded October 6th, 2016.
Thank you for listening and we hope you enjoyed the show!
Audio Production by Stargate Pioneer of GonnaGeek.com.