May 2, 2016
Starling Tribune - Season 4 Edition – Canary Cry (A CW Network Arrow Television Show Fan Podcast)
Episode: “Canary Cry” [Season 4 Episode 19]
Air Date: Wednesday, April 27th, 2016
Director: Laura Belsey 1st EP of Arrow | 1 NCIS | 4 Criminal Minds | 1 NCIS
Writers: Wendy Mericle
Beth Schwartz Writer 17 Ep Arrow | Co-producer 23 Ep Arrow + Some LoT
- How much did Chris spend on his comic store pull list from the last 4 months?
- Transitional episode dealing with the aftermath of Laurel’s death
- Not an excessive amount of action in the episode, but really character driven instead
- Where is the story going next? Does the HIVE attack pause make sense?
- Was the use of the Canary Cry a plot hole in the episode?
- The reporters discuss the Political Intern Dude’s super-speed beard growth
- The Reporters make a quarter bet over Political Intern/Operative Dude turning on Thea or not
- The two funerals were a well done story plot integrating the flashbacks
- Was the Green Arrow as his weakest?
- Should Diggle have been stopped in shooting Ruve?
- Should Diggle have gone after Andy or Ruve?
- Paul Blackthorne has done a phenomenal job and acts like a sounding board for the viewer
- How will Sara Lance react when she returns from Legends Of Tomorrow?
- Should Diggle be blaming himself?
- Felicity has very shinny knees
- Is there going to be another death in Team Arrow before the end of the season?
- The Reporters discuss #Wincest fanfic
- Was Donna not at Laurel’s funeral another plot hole?
- Was Oliver Queen’s admission at the funeral a huge mistake?
- The reporters run down the Pop Culture Easter Eggs in the episode
- Arrow News, Feedback and comments from the chat
- Thank you for downloading and listening!
EPISODE DC EASTER EGGS:
Season 4 Episode 19 “Canary Cry” Easter Eggs (Date: 28 Apr 2016)
Season Four Finale to be dark with fatalities (Date: 28 Apr 2016)
Mericle “It's a pretty grim one, I'm sad to say. We have a huge number of potential fatalities”
Emily Bett Rickards cast in Sci-Fi Thriller Slumber (Date: 27 Apr 2016)
The story of a woman who must piece together her past and find her missing daughter after waking up from a coma
Cinema Blend deconstructs outing Laurel as canary (Date: 28 Apr 2016)
It was a respectful moment of Oliver giving credit to his fallen comrade while also denouncing the false Canary, and I’m sure it won’t backfire on him at all. Just kidding.
ARROW CAST & CREW INTERVIEWS
Paul Blackthorne talks Canary Cry (Date: 28 Apr 2016)
Blackthorne, who has had a long and complicated relationship with the team, will be playing a man who's mourning his daughter for the third time since the start of the show
Interview with James Bamford (Date: 27 Apr 2016)
There's the old saying, "Go big or go home," Bamford tells CBR of this Season 4 finale's big fight scene. "This sequence buries every other one we've done”
Interview with David Ramsey (Date: 28 Apr 2016)
It was very difficult. Those tears you're seeing in that death scene in the hospital -- every single frame of that scene was heartfelt, genuine and completely devastating.
GREEN ARROW COMICS & TOY NEWS
Dark Archer Issue #8 (Direct to Digital) (Date: 20 Apr 2016)
Written by Carole E. Barrowman & John Barrowman | Pencils by Daniel Sampere. Pursued by dangerous beasts, Malcolm and Lourdes discover an ancient magic inside the Ashkiri temple.
SPOILER DISCUSSION - IF THIS IS CANNON...
Black Canary #11 (Date: 27 Apr 2016)
Written by Brenden Fletcher | Pencils by Sandy Jarrell. The true scope of what Dinah’s up against stands revealed-and it’s an infernal evil that’s out of this world! What did this sinister presence do to Dinah’s missing mother…and what horrible bargain has the mysterious white ninja made with it?
Voicemail – Black Adam
Promo for Next Week: Episode 20 - “Genesis” (Date: 28 Apr 2015)
Episode: “Genesis” [Season 4 Episode 20]
Air Date: Wednesday, May 4, 2016
Summary: As Oliver and Felicity look for a magical solution to defeat Darhk, a vengeance-driven Diggle gets a lead on Andy's whereabouts and heads off to confront his brother. Meanwhile, Alex takes Thea on a vacation that quickly turns into a nightmare.
Director: Gregory Smith
Writers: Oscar Balderrama
Emilio Ortega Aldrich
Tune in to see what the Starling Tribune crew thinks will happen this season on Arrow based off what we've seen so far. After the show wraps keep listening as we bring fans on the show discuss their theories for season 4.
If you missed us live catch us next time and chime in yourself! Plus you won't miss out on our live post-show conversations.
Join The Starling Tribune each week as we stream live on Thursday nights at 9:00 PM eastern or 8:00 PM Central at gonnageek.com/live. Join the fun chatroom and interact with the hosts live. Contact us: @StarlingTribune - email@example.com - www.starlingtribune.com - www.facebook.com/starlingtribune - 612-888-CAVE or 612-888-2283.
You can find us on iTunes under ''Starling Tribune." We are very thankful for all of our positive iTunes reviews. You can find all our contact information here on the Network page of GonnaGeek.com Our complete archive is always available at www.starlingtribune.com
This podcast was recorded Thursday April 28th, 2016.
Thank you for listening and we hope you enjoyed the show!